Although many visit the Shenandoah Valley to hike in the Alleghany or Blue Ridge Mountain ranges, or for its wineries or to see friends and family, a little known secret that has been slowly leaking out are the antiquities found in the area. Unless it’s your life’s passion to burn gas and spend endless hours driving to this town or that one in search of collectables, The Factory Antique Mall, in Verona, Virginia has it all under one roof.
81,000 square feet of old paintings, antique household goods, Civil War relics, toys and furniture are just a few of the items you will find here.
Below is a sample list of the treasures you can expect to find at the Factory Antique Mall. Of course inventory changes as items are purchased and new collectables take their place.
- Art deco wine glasses
- Elegant vases and pitchers
- Victorian water goblets
- Crystal perfume bottles, liquor bottles
- Turn of the Century plats
- 1950’s plates and eating utensils
- Replica of original post office truck
- Antique fire trucks
- Station wagon style ambulances
- Stuffed animals and dolls
- 19th century bicycles and tricycles
- Disney paraphernalia, Betty Boop dolls, Felix the Cat wall clocks
- Grandfather clocks
- Secretaries’ desks
- Roll top desks
- 1950’s buffets and china cabinets
- Muskets, Harper’s Ferry Rifles
- WWII canteens, grenades (pins removed of course)
- Paintings, and other wall hangings
This list is far from complete and as is often said, “only scratches the surface” of what you, the antique lover will find when you visit the Factory Antique Mall.
Whether you know precisely what you want or are visiting to get ideas, one thing is for certain, you won’t leave empty handed.
After you’ve finished shopping and have worked up an appetite, dine on sloppy Joes or other traditional “Americana” cuisine. Nothing is over $5.00 and their slice of pie is a slice of heaven.
Visit them on the web: http://www.factoryantiquemall.com or call them at: (540) 248-1110. They are open Monday thru Thursday from 10:00 – 5:00, Friday and Saturday 10:00 – 6:00 and on Sundays from 1:00 to 6:00. They are located at: 50 Hodge Lane, Suite 106 in Verona, Virginia.